ELECTRIFICATION HAS IMPACT ON SIGNALING
Electrification with its parallel power lines can interfere with signal systems. The effects of earth voltage gradients can cause foreign current to flow in track circuits. Electrostatic and electromagnetic induction due to inductive coupling exists between the power lines, track circuits and open wire C&S lines. Accidental contact between phase wires of the power line and some part of the signal system cause interference to the latter.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Railway System Controls
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 5
- Publisher: Business Press International Limited
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic interference; Interference; Railroad electrification; Signaling; Track circuits
- Subject Areas: Construction; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00046308
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1976 12:00AM