SURVEY OF CURVED GIRDER BRIDGES
Survey of Curved Girder Bridges by Subcommittee on Curved Girders. The results of a questionnaire survey are reported which shows the types of curved girder bridges constructed during the past decade. Information on design and fabrication methods, and on many constructional details is included. The survey shows that the typical bridge carried 3 lanes on a 5-degree curve, had two 4-girder spans of 125 ft each with diaphragms spaced at 18 ft, was of composite plate girder construction in A36 steel, and was fabricated by cutting to the desired curvature.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
- This report was prepared by the Subcommittee on Curved Girders.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: p. 54-56
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridges; Curved bridges; Girder bridges; Metal bridges; Questionnaires; Steel bridges; Steel structures; Structural engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Curved girder bridges
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00044522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Civil Engineering
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM