19th ITS World Congress, Vienna, Austria, 22 to 26 October 2012
The 19th ITS World Congress, which took place in Vienna, Austria from October 22 to 26, 2012, emphasized the theme Smarter on the way, highlighting the need to bring even more intelligence to transport systems where increasing demand and persisting challenges to safety and sustainability cannot be overcome just by more network construction or a business as usual approach. The Congress focused on how intelligent transportation systems (ITS) can improve mobility in terms of efficiency, the environment and ease of use. Visitors from over 90 countries came together for five days of networking and demonstrations. This event brought nearly 300 attendees from the United States and Canada, and 50 American presenters to discuss various approaches and solutions, and to showcase research on mobility and ITS.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- 19th ITS World Congress
- Location: Vienna , Austria
- Date: 2012-10-22 to 2012-10-26
- Publication Date: 2012
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Intelligent transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 01470467
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 23 2013 11:33AM