CONTAINERIZATION: ONE OF THE MAIN DIRECTIONS IN FLEET DEVELOPMENT
Of importance in modern freight shipping is the sharp disproportion between rapid delivery of general and certain other cargo by sea and its extremely slow and expensive loading and unloading at ports. In addition to a significant slow-down in delivery time from consignor to consignee, this situation leads to a substantial increase in ship berthing time and drop in fleet use efficiency. The widespread use of containerized shipments tends to eliminate this disproportion and to resolve a number of other very important questions of an economic nature. This paper is directed toward discussion of containerized shipments within the system of the USSR Ministry of Maritime Fleet.
- Zotev, D
- Kochetov, S
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Economics; Freight transportation; Shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Shipping economics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00007585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Publications Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1973 12:00AM