PORT DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
A discussion of some of the problems of planning port development with particular reference to the methods to be used for appraisal of port projects and the application of those methods during the preparation of port master plans. The paper is illustrated by examples from a detailed engineering and economic study made to prepare a master plan for the Port of Bombay. Reference is also made to some fundamental research studies carried out for the National Ports Council.
- Civil Engineering Problems Overseas 1971, Proceedings of Conference on Civil Engineering Aspects of Development Planning, London, England, June 14-16, 1971.
London, United Kingdom SW1P 3AA
- Mettam, J D
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: p. 173-192
- TRT Terms: Development; Port operations; Ports; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00044115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM