FINDING THE PROBABLE POSITION FIX OF A SHIP FROM AN ERROR CONFIGURATION
Finding the position of ship with the help of radio beacons is one of the principal means of ship navigation. In certain instances this becomes the only means of position finding. However, the error configurations obtained with radio beacons located at the extreme limits of their operational capability, have very long sides. A method of overcoming the difficult problem of finding the probable position fix under such circumstances, is described.
- Golitsyn, V M
- Publication Date: 1970-4-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigational aids; Position fixing; Radio beacons; Radio navigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00007584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Publications Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1973 12:00AM