STANDARDS RAISED FOR PROPELLER STATIC BALANCING
The increase in specific loading, dimensions, and weight of propellers has led to increased requirements for their mechanical balancing. The paper describes certain standards presently in use by propeller manufacturers and prescribes a method for balancing which takes cognizance of the balancing equipment sensitivity. Special equipment is described for use with controllable pitch propellers whose blades are completely interchangeable and some discussion is presented concerning the case where technical specifications require both balance on the propeller axis and balance on the blade axes.
- Gorokhovskiy, S M
- Katsman, F M
- Publication Date: 1969-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Manufactures; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller balancing; Propeller manufacture
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007583
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Publications Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1973 12:00AM