NEW THOUSAND-TON CARGO CATAMARAN
Following the operational and seaworthiness testing of a 600-ton experimental cargo catamaran, over a seven year period, a prototype 1,000-ton catamaran is now at the test stage. This new vessel is designed to carry high tariff deck cargo and sail on main inland waterways. A complete description of the catamaran is given and it is pointed out that this type of ship has operating-technical advantages over similar designated single hull vessels.
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- Rechnoy Transport
- Issue Number: 2
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Inland waterways vessels; Marine transit
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Publications Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1978 12:00AM