CAN AUTOWAGON BEAT THE LORRY?
Trainload freight is fully competitive with road in Britain but wagonloads are not, mainly because of marshalling costs and delays. The author points out that these would be eliminated if selfpropelled-unmanned wagons moved direct between a large number of automated terminals, giving good penetration into the market for high-value manufactured goods now almost entirely moved by road.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- MELLITT, B
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: p. 329-332
- TRT Terms: Intermodal services
- Old TRIS Terms: Autowagons
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00044041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways Board
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM