RAIL TRANSPORT OF THE FUTURE AS A PROBLEM FOR ENGINEERS TODAY
The structural transformation in our society, the socio-political aims and the economic needs presuppose to an ever greater extent safe, rapid, efficient and cheap rail transport. Present-day electrical engineering offers suitable solutions to the local and long distance transportation of passengers and freight. The ultimate aim is an automated and fully integrated control of transport. The appearance of completely new systems of rail transportation is already being heralded, and these can be realized with the aid of electrical engineering. The engineer of today occupies an especially important place in the solving of these problems.
Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft GmbHP.O. Box 40
- Kniffler, E A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Volume: 15
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft GmbH
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Network analysis (Planning); Passenger service; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00044004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Universitas
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1974 12:00AM