BRAIN TRAIN CAN BOOST TERMINAL THROUGHPUT
A driverless, self-routing transport system, capable of moving containers rapidly round docks and terminals to cut throughput times and increase efficiency is described. This principle of automatic track selection offers routing flexibility comparable to road transport and can be also applied to monorails and steered vehicles. A detailed analysis of the system and a flow diagram for port application are included.
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnTrade News Ltd, Drummond House, 203-9 North Grove Street
London NW1, England
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 3 p.
- ICHCA Monthly Journal
- Publisher: Trade News Limited
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Container handling; Container terminals; Containerization; Containers; Control systems; Intermodal terminals
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Intermodal terminal control systems; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00043779
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM