Assessment of the effect of the introduction of antitheft locks for cars
The objective of this study was to determine the effectiveness of antitheft locks in reducing the number of car thefts, as well as the number of accidents in which stolen cars are involved. Data was collected from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Police departments of New South Wales and Victoria, as well as from the Department of Motor Transport in New South Wales (a).
- Report prepared for Australia Road Safety and Standards Authority.
Wilbur Smith and Associates Pty Ltd,
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 47P
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Offenders; Theft; Traffic safety; Vehicle bodies; Vehicle design; Vehicle safety
- Geographic Terms: Australia; New South Wales; Victoria
- ATRI Terms: Crash countermeasure; Evaluation; Offender; Prevention; Theft; Vehicle body; Vehicle design; Vehicle safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01440829
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 11:16PM