GEAR TEST FOR MARINE REDUCTION GEAR
Together with the recent increase of power in marine turbines, a decrease in scale of reduction gears as well as gear case has become important. Because the reduction gears are extremely big, tempered steel is employed. Accordingly the service life of the gears is determined almost entirely by the origin of the pitting. The object of the test was to investigate the endurance limit of the gears at various speeds and under various conditions of the tooth bearings. However, gear endurance is greatly affected by gear temperature, dynamic load, variation of torque, etc., so these influencing parameters were examined simultantously. The experiments were conducted by employing a large gear testing machine of power circulation type.
- Original Japanese copies, no charge; English copies, request price.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Munakata, T
- Taki, T
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 1-18
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 12
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Gears; Pitting; Reduction gears; Turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear pitting; Geared turbines
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00043200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM