CORROSION AND CORROSION PROTECTION OF CONDENSER TUBES IN MODEL CONDENSERS
Corrosion and corrosion protection of condenser tubes were studied using model condensers at the Yokohama Research Laboratory of IHI. The results are as follows: 1. According to the pitting depth of condenser tubes related with testing under a sea-water flow rate of 1.8 m/sec and 2.5 m/sec, 25 Cr-5Ni stainless steel tubes proved superior to aluminum-brass or copper-nickel tubes. 2. It was confirmed that the formation of a ferrous film over the tube surface by ferrous sulfate treatment is effective for protection of aluminum-brass condenser tubes which have been widely used.
- Original Japanese copies, no charge; English copies, request price.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Hirai, Y
- TANAKA, M
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 222-234
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 12
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Condensers; Corrosion protection; Pitting
- Old TRIS Terms: Condenser performance
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00043198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM