This specification applies to the range of standard road signs provided for in AS 1742, manual of uniform traffic control devices . The purpose of this standard is to establish uniformity in the range of road signs provided for in AS 1742 for the benefit of road users, road and traffic authorities, and manufacturers of road signs. Sections relate to designation, dimensions, legend, layout, borders, edge strips and corners, colours, materials for construction and sign faces, posts and attachments and protective treatment. Appendices cover method of laying out a sign, non reflective colours, retroreflective colours, fluorescent colours. Drawings of standard road signs are given.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0726206946
- Includes amendment no 1, 1975 and amendment no 2, 1983. AS1743 is issued with AS1744. This standard has been superseded by AS1743-1989.
Standards Association of Australia,
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 180P
- Issue Number: AS 1743-1975
- TRT Terms: Color; Design; Fluorescence; Lettering; Materials; Poles (Supports); Reflectivity; Size; Standards; Traffic signs
- ATRI Terms: Australian standard; Colour; Design; Dimension; Fluorescence; Lettering; Materials; Pole; Reflectivity; Traffic sign
- Subject Areas: Design; Materials;
- Accession Number: 01438940
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- ISBN: 0726206946
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 9:56PM