Methods for sampling and testing aggregates; method 4: bulk density of aggregate
This Standard sets out the method for determining the bulk density of fine, coarse, or mixed aggregates. The bulk density is determined in the uncompacted, compacted, or uncompacted and compacted states. The test is normally performed on material dried to constant mass, but may be performed at other moisture conditions if specifically required. The values obtained for bulk density of fine aggregates at different moisture conditions will differ significantly.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0733707750
- The Standard was approved on 23 September 1996 and supersedes Australian Standard AS1141-1974. It is superseded by AS 1141.4-2000.
- Publication Date: 1996-11
- Pagination: 8p
- Issue Number: AS 1141.4-1996
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Coarse aggregates; Compaction; Dryness; Fines (Materials); Materials tests; Measuring instruments; Standards; Statistical sampling; Test procedures
- ATRI Terms: Aggregate; Australian standard; Coarse aggregate; Compaction; Dryness; Fines; Material testing; Measuring equipment; Sampling; Test method
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology;
- Accession Number: 01436273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- ISBN: 0733707750
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 7:37PM