Methods for sampling and testing aggregates; method 30: coarse aggregate quality by visual comparison
This Standard sets out the method for determining a quality classification of coarse aggregate by visual comparison with pre-prepared reference specimens. The method is used to determine the proportion of particles in a sample with different quality characteristics which can be distinguished by visual characteristics. In some sources, it may be difficult to establish a rock quality classification based on visual comparison alone. In such cases the method is inappropriate. The method requires that the rock source or sources from which the test sample is derived is known. Where a sample contains a combination of aggregate from different sources, each component of the combination must be from a visually recognizable source. The method is appropriate for material up to 75 mm nominal size and tests that fraction of the material retained on the 4.75 mm sieve.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0733707807
- The Standard was approved on 23 September 1996 and supersedes Australian Standard AS1141.30-1983. It is superseded by AS 1141.30.1:2009 and AS 1141.30.2:2009.
- Publication Date: 1996-11
- Pagination: 8p
- Issue Number: AS 1141.30-1996
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Coarse aggregates; Inspection; Materials tests; Measuring instruments; Standards; Statistical sampling; Test procedures
- ATRI Terms: Aggregate; Australian standard; Coarse aggregate; Material testing; Measuring equipment; Sampling; Test method; Visual assessment
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology;
- Accession Number: 01436270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- ISBN: 0733707807
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 7:37PM