Unsealed roads manual: guidelines to good practice
The purpose of the Manual is to provide those Local Government Councils, State Road Authorities and other agencies responsible for the care and maintenance of unsealed roads with guidelines on ways to manage these roads to assist in achieving greater benefits from available resources. The Manual has been structured to broadly cover the main topics associated with unsealed roads. This includes maintenance practices, pavement design and materials, geometric design, construction, performance management systems, economic evaluation of road improvements and unsealed shoulders for sealed roads. The Guidelines have been prepared for general use as they are not able to cover the extensive range of topographic, use of local materials and various climatic conditions found throughout Australia. Actual operating conditions on the local scene must take precedence over the general measures outlined in the Manual. The intended use of the Manual is to provide the road practitioner, with a guide on 'good practices' for the management of unsealed roads and to act as a source document for further detailed reading. The document, while identifying the application of some new technologies and practices, is primarily about the 'basics' of good road building, reminding the practitioner of those essential features in design, construction and maintenance operations which when applied correctly have proven over the years to bring about most satisfactory results.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/869105981
- Sponsored by Commonwealth Office of Local Government and Department of Defence - Army. The ISBN of the microfiche version is 0-86910-599-X. This edition has been superseded by the 2000 edition.
- Publication Date: 1993-5
- Pagination: 1 vol (loose-leaf)
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Economic analysis; Geometric design; Gravel roads; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Highway safety; Pavement components; Pavement design; Pavements; Road shoulders; Roadside; Tests for suitability, service and quality; Unpaved roads
- ATRI Terms: Construction method; Economic analysis; Geometric design; Pavement design; Pavement evaluation; Pavement materials; Road improvement; Road maintenance; Road safety; Roadside management; Shoulder; Unsealed road
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01434162
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- ISBN: 869105981
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 6:06PM