Technology conquers everything - or does it?
The use of Local Area Traffic Management to address traffic problems in residential streets has increased considerably since the pioneering days in the early 1970s. The technical expertise has advanced with the increased use of such schemes. This advancement in the technical aspects has not been matched in the non-technical aspects. This paper explores the past and present efforts in community consultation being developed to true resident participation in Local Area Traffic Management in South Australia and compares the results with the technical advances during the same period.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0858255758
- Hagan, W B
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 135-40
- Issue Number: 93/5
- TRT Terms: Local government; Policy; Public participation; Residents; Traffic calming
- ATRI Terms: Local area traffic management; Local government; Policy; Public participation; Resident
- Subject Areas: Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 01433819
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- ISBN: 0858255758
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 5:54PM