Evaluation of the safety benefits of local area traffic management
This paper describes an investigation of the safety evaluation of two LATM schemes currently in operation in the municipalities of Willoughby and Canterbury, NSW. Accident statistics for both LATM and control areas were collated from Traffic Authority of NSW data records. This data was manipulated to provide information on internal and external links and intersections, individual treatments, accident types, frequency and severity, road-users involved and the dominant time period of accidents. This data was analysed using appropriate statistical procedures.
- Based on the author's M.Eng.Sc. thesis.
- Fairlie, R B
- Publication Date: 1989-2
- Pagination: iv + 191p
- Issue Number: 91/T1
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Crash analysis; Evaluation; Fatalities; Highway safety; Injuries; Residents; Speed; Streets; Traffic calming; Traffic safety; Travel behavior; Urban highways
- ATRI Terms: Cost benefit analysis; Crash analysis; Crash countermeasure; Evaluation; Fatality; Injury; Local area traffic management; Resident; Road safety; Road user behaviour; Speed; Street; Urban road
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01433254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 24 2012 5:31PM