RAPID TRANSIT VEHICLES FOR CITY SERVICES
Thirteen papers were presented at the conference which covered design of rolling stock, gas turbine-electric cars, computer control of vehicles, guided buses and moving pavements. Following is a list of titles and authors: Rail vehicles for urban and underground service, by W.G. Jowett, Automatic fare collection on buses in London Transport, by S. Haines, The automatic digital computer control of vehicles in rapid transit systems for urban transportation, by J.H. Anderson, E.T. Powner and N. Bergman, Future developments in personal transit, by H.R. Ross, Guided buses on segregated ways by A.J.M. Hitchcock and H.B. Sedgfield, A single-deck bus for future urban transport, by A. Fogg, Gas turbine/Electric cars in commuter service, by W.J. Ronan, High-speed moving pavements--some of the human problems, by D.L. Turner, Light rail vehicles for the Gothenburg transit system, by J. Mansson, Design of railway rolling stock for heavy urban service, by S.A. Driver, Double-deck buses, by G.G. Harding, Automatic fare collection for railways, by J. Kent, The new VOEV (Public Transport Authority) Model O 305 standard service bus, by W. Hornung.
- This report consists of the proceedings of the Symposium on Rapid Transit Vehicles for City Services, arranged by the Automobile Division of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, England, April 22-23, 1971.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 180 p.
- Volume: 184
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Light rail vehicles; Streetcars; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1974 12:00AM