NEW EQUIPMENT FOR AMTRAK: HOW MUCH? HOW SOON?
Amtrak is leasing, with an option to buy, two five-car turbine powered trainsets from a French manufacturer. Amtrak is also buying two four-car Turbotrains built for Canadian National by United Aircraft. Earlier, Amtrak ordered forty 3,000 hp diesel electric locomotives for delivery by summer 1973. Seventy percent of Amtrak boardings come from seven percent of its routes. A specification is being drawn for a replacement passenger car. As of December 1972, about 595 Amtrak cars had been through the shops, and by July 1973, another 400 cars will have been shopped.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-1-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 20-22
- TRT Terms: Passenger cars; Passenger service; Turbotrains
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041319
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Age
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1973 12:00AM