'SCALING UP' FREIGHT CARS HAS ALSO INTENSIFIED PROBLEMS
Premature wear and outright failures in the center plates and bolsters are plaguing a large number of freight cars. This lack of compenent reliability and inadequate ride quality is causing railroads to revaluate the relationship between the cost of the technological advance and the revenue preducing befefits. It is recommended that railroads and car builders should make it their responsibility to move beyond the immediate problems with a more complete systems approach to the vehicles they are producing.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Volume: 146
- Issue Number: 11
- Publisher: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- Accession Number: 00041153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1973 12:00AM