ZINC DUST PAINTS AS A PREFABRICATION PRIMER
A general comparison of the properties of four kinds of ship primers, a long life wash primer, an epoxy base zinc free primer, an inorganic zinc silicate primer and a zinc epoxy primer, was made by the Mitsui Shipbuilding and Engineering Co. Factors studied were--spraying, drying and film thickness, anti-corrosive properties, flame cutting, quality of welds, and problems of fumes during flame cutting and welding. Because of its excellent properties, zinc epoxy primer has been established as the standard. Inorganic zinc silicate primer is used where further coats of inorganic zinc silicate paint are to be applied.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Sakami, S
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Drying; Paint; Primers (Materials); Spray painting; Zinc coatings
- Old TRIS Terms: Paint drying; Paint spraying
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00007073
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1973 12:00AM