HIGH PERFORMANCE MEDIUM-SPEED DIESEL ENGINE OILS
Presented extensive lubricating oil technology obtained during the development of lubricants for high output medium-speed diesels. The oil requirements for present and future high output medium-speed diesels are analyzed with special emphasis on thermal stability, high temperature detergency, load-carrying capability, and oil life. Describes a study of base stock stability in a specially developed Spiral Coker Test and an evaluation of additive thermal stability in a Helix Coker Test.
- Paper for the meeting April 16-20, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Coant, P M
- Habermann, C E
- Lowther, H V
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Volume: 94
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Lubricants; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oils; Quality assurance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel lubrication; Oil quality
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 72-DGP-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 2003 12:00AM