THE OIL AND THE ICE. HULL NO. 1679 CONQUERS THE PACK
Four East Coast shipyards were involved in the transformation of the tanker SS Manhattan into the worlds largest icebreaker in seven months. Details are given for the design of the icebreaking bow, hull strengthening, winterization, machinery changes and specialized electronics.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation30 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1969-11
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 74
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Icebreakers; Tankers
- Identifier Terms: Manhattan (Ship)
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00005941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1973 12:00AM