Electronic compliance monitoring: what elements make up a workable system?
This paper looks at some of the international and Australian experience in the remote monitoring of the operational behaviour of heavy commercial vehicles with compliance requirements including a number of local small-scale trials that have been undertaken or are in place. It then discusses the various elements that make these systems feasible. It postulates there are a set of ‘building blocks" that would allow a flexible, capable electronic compliance monitoring system to be developed.
- Taylor, G J
- Opiola, J
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 12p
- TRT Terms: Automatic vehicle monitoring; Fleet management; Freight transportation; Heavy duty vehicles; Heavy vehicles; Highway safety; Intelligent transportation systems; Risk management; Transportation safety; Vehicle detectors; Weigh in motion
- ATRI Terms: Articulated vehicle; Automatic vehicle monitoring (AVM); Fleet management; Freight transport; Heavy vehicle; Intelligent transport systems (ITS); Risk management; Road safety; Transport safety; Vehicle detector; Weigh in motion
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 01390542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 23 2012 4:54AM