Bitumen and bituminous binders: accelerated long-term ageing conditioning by the rotating cylinder method (RCAT)
This draft European standard specifies an accelerated ageing/conditioning procedure for bitumen, bituminous binders and bituminous mastics. The procedure involves rotating cylinder ageing (RCAT), that is, ageing of binder at moderate temperatures in a big cylinder rotating in an oven under oxygen flow conditions. Samples aged by this method have previously been prepared in the condition they would be applied to the road.
- This draft European standard is submitted to CEN members for enquiry.
European Committee for Standardization (CEN),
- Publication Date: 2005-8
- Pagination: 18p
- Issue Number: prEN 15323
- TRT Terms: Accelerated tests; Aging (Materials); Binders; Bitumen; Properties of materials; Specifications; Standards; Test procedures
- ATRI Terms: Accelerated testing; Ageing; Binder; Bitumen; European standard; Material properties; Specifications; Test method
- Subject Areas: Materials;
- Accession Number: 01390091
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 23 2012 3:58AM