Bituminous mixtures: test methods for hot mix asphalt: part 11: determination of the affinity between aggregate and bitumen
This European standard describes a procedure for the determination of the affinity between aggregate and bitumen, expressed by visual registration of the degree of bitumen coverage on uncompacted bitumen-coated mineral aggregate particles after influence of mechanical stirring action in the presence of water. This method can be used to evaluate the effect of moisture with or without adhesion agents including liquids, such as amines, and fillers, such as hydrated lime or cement, and the moisture effect on different aggregate for the same binder.
- This European standard was approved by CEN on 2003-11-03.
Deutsches Institut Fuer Normung (DIN),
- Publication Date: 2004-3
- Pagination: 14p
- Issue Number: DIN EN 12697-11:2004
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Aggregates; Binders; Bitumen; Bituminous pavements; Hot mix asphalt; Properties of materials; Specifications; Standards; Test procedures
- ATRI Terms: Adhesion; Aggregate; Asphalt; Binder; Bitumen; European standard; Hot mix; Material properties; Moisture sensitivity; Specifications; Test method
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 01390089
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 23 2012 3:58AM