Condition assessment and asset performance guidelines: footpaths and cycleways
The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA) has developed a set of practice notes to provide guidance to practitioners in the field for carrying out condition assessment inspections on a range of physical infrastructure asset types including footpaths, kerbs, channels, gutters, buildings, storm water infrastructure and water and sewerage infrastructure. This note is applicable to 'formal' constructed footpaths and cycleways along road reserves, pathways and through park and recreation reserves, or other council controlled land, and available for use by the general public. The term 'footpath' used throughout should be taken to include 'cycleways' where applicable, but not including those bikeways that are part of the road carriageway.
- This document is an e-book that can be purchased from the Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA) website.
Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA). National Asset Management Strategy Committee (NAMS.AU),
- Publication Date: 2007
- Pagination: 48p
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Asset management; Bikeways; Data collection; Inspection; Local government; Risk assessment; Walkways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road design and management
- ATRI Terms: Asset management; Bicycle path; Data collection; Footpath; Local government; Risk assessment; Safety audit; Visual assessment
- Subject Areas: Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 01384893
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 22 2012 6:21PM