THE EQUIPMENT USED IN A PEDESTRIAN CONVEYOR EQUIPMENT BY HUMAN ENGINEERING DIVISION, R.A.E.
THIS PAPER DESCRIBES THE EQUIPMENT USED BY ENGINEERING PHYSICS DEPARTMENT IN A STUDY OF HUMAN ENGINEERING ASPECTS OF HIGH SPEED PEDESTRIAN CONVEYORS. THREE ASPECTS OF A REAL SYSTEM WERE SIMULATED AT FULL SCALE IN THE LABORATORY AND EXPERIMENTS USING 1,000 LIVE SUBJECTS WERE SUCCESSFULLY CARRIED OUT. MOST OF THE APPARATUS WAS MADE USING ITEMS AND MATERIAL FROM RAE STORES OR OTHER DEPARTMENTS. A STANDARD BATTERY POWERED ELECTRIC TRACTOR WAS MODIFIED BY RAE AND USED AS A TOWING VEHICLE. /AUTHOR/
- TECH MEMO EP 495
Royal Aircraft Establishment /UK,
- Tinsley, D J
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Conveyors; Crosswalks; Equipment; Experiments; High speed ground transportation; High speed vehicles; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Simulation; Speed
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00226875
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&d Rept
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 11 1974 12:00AM