TRACKED AIR TURBINE AND AIR CUSHION VEHICLE--A NEW HIGH SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
A new linear air turbine air cushion vehicle is proposed for future high speed ground transportation (up to 300 mph). Through the highly compressed air (2 to 3 atmospheric pressure) pipe lines to the passive vehicle, the system employs the principle of compressor, pipe, heating chamber, nozzle, turbine, air cushion, and jet in a new combination. It is proved to be a pollution-free, efficient, and economical system for the future high speed ground transportation between major cities.
- Presented at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, September 23-27, 1973.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Wu, Yujia
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050054
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-ICT-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1976 12:00AM