APT TECHNOLOGY RESULTS
The development of British Rail's Advanced Passenger Train (APT) is based on laboratory and test track experiments on suspensions, power systems and braking and structures for this new generation of high speed trains. Recent results of this development program are reviewed and the present status of the new innovations embraced in the APT concept discussed.
- Presented at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, September 23-27, 1973.
Railway Technical CenterLondon Road, Wilmorton Derby
- WICKENS, A H
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- TRT Terms: High speed rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced passenger trains
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-ICT-16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM