JAPANS SHIPBUILDING LABOUR
Employment in a Japanese shipyard is generally guaranteed for life whether or not the yard has orders. The effects of this policy are shown in the descriptions of the typical career patterns of workers who enter shipbuilding with elementary school, high school and university educations. Holiday and retirement practices are described. Labor costs in Japanese shipyards are compared with those in other countries, taking into consideration the bonuses and fringe benefits.
Transport and Technical Publications Limited161-166 Fleet Street
- Publication Date: 1969-11-7
- Pagination: 31 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Volume: 114
- Issue Number: 18
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Personnel development; Personnel management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00005533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM