ADVANCEMENT IN ROADWAY LIGHTING
A SURVEY IS PRESENTED OF ADVANCES IN ROADWAY LIGHTING WHICH INCLUDES: (1) SOCIOLOGICAL AND ECONOMIC BENEFITS, (2) FINE IMPROVEMENT STUDIES, (3) PRODUCTS THAT ARE MORE EFFECTIVE IN PRODUCING GOOD SEEING, (4) IMPROVED ROADWAY LIGHTING PRACTICES, (5) RATINGS FOR THE EVALUATION OF VISUAL EFFECTIVENESS OF LIGHTING, AND (6) INSTRUMENTATION FOR FIELD MEASUREMENT OF VISIBILITY.
- Record URL:
- No 255, pp 158-189, 9 FIG, 2 TAB, 45 REF, 3 APP Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
- Rex, Charles H
- Publication Date: 1960
- Monograph Title: Night visibility: 1960
- Highway Research Board Bulletin
- Issue Number: 255
- Publisher: Highway Research Board
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Data collection; Economic benefits; Evaluation; Instrumentation; Lighting equipment; Night visibility; Social factors; Street lighting; Surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00220243
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Aug 12 1994 12:00AM