MOPAC'S TRANSPORTATION CONTROL SYSTEM. A SYSTEMS APPROACH TO ACHIEVING SERVICE RELIABILITY
Missouri Pacific is undertaking the development of a large on-line real-time information and control system identified as the Transportation Control System (TCS) whose paramount design objective is to improve service reliability. This objective will be achieved through the design and implementation of a subsystem called car scheduling. TCS is also a large comprehensive system embracing other significant design objectives that will strengthen MoPac's position in the rail transportation sector.
- Proceedings of the Thirteenth Annual Meeting, Transportation Research Forum, Brown Palace Hotel, Denver, Colorado, 8-10 November 1972.
Transportation Research ForumBrown Palace Hotel
Denver, CO United States
- Sines, G
- Publication Date: 1972
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Freight service; Information systems; Quality of service; Reliability
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047955
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM