IMPLICATIONS OF INCONSISTENT RAILROAD SERVICE
Ranking high on many rail customers' lists of concerns is the matter of service reliability. Transit time performance standards have become increasingly stringent. As industry has become aware of the importance of costs, it has begun to set standards and monitor performance. Those modes of transportation and selected carriers within each mode which can respond best to this demand for increased reliability have been enjoying a growth in traffic. The costs borne by both carriers and their customers as a result of inconsistent transit time are real and identifiable.
- Proceedings of the Thirteenth Annual Meeting, Transportation Research Forum, Brown Palace Hotel, Denver, Colorado, 8-10 November 1972.
Transportation Research ForumBrown Palace Hotel
Denver, CO United States
- Ainsworth, D P
- Publication Date: 1972
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Freight service; Quality of service; Reliability
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047952
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM