THE ANALYSIS OF TRANSPORTATION RISKS FROM A SHIPPER'S VIEWPOINT
Du Pont as a manufacturer and shipper of hazardous commodities is concerned not only with safety during the manufacturing process but also with the safe transportation of such commodities. It relies to a substantial degree on experience derived from manufacturing and plant handling for achieving safety during transportation of its hazardous products. Du Pont supports new procedures or refinement of existing methods which will enhance safety in the transportation of hazardous commodities, but believes it will be necessary to rely on the present regulatory system while new approaches are being tested and evaluated.
- Proceedings of the Thirteenth Annual Meeting, Transportation Research Forum, Brown Palace Hotel, Denver, Colorado, 8-10 November 1972.
Transportation Research ForumBrown Palace Hotel
Denver, CO United States
- BOYD, D A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Hazard analysis; Hazardous materials; Risk analysis; Safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047945
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1976 12:00AM