Mr. Calvert, who is Secretary of the National Council on Inland Transport, records the contraction of Britain's transport network, particularly the railways, during the 1960s. He shows how the country is still as far away as ever from an integrated transport system, and puts forward his case for railways and waterways as the most economic modes and those which achieve reasonable environmental standards.
- Book reviewed in Railway Gazette International, August 1973.
Calvert (Roger)396 City Road
London ECIV 2QA, England
- Calvert, R
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Nationalization; Policy; Subsidies
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 4 1976 12:00AM