SECOND INTERNATIONAL TUG CONFERENCE
Thirty-one papers by various authors are presented. The topics discussed include operation and performance of towboats, tugs and tug-barges; design of yaw controlling units, tow ropes, pneumatic fenders, cable control systems, heavy duty towing winches and engine room monitoring system; cathodic protection; and the effect of nozzles on steering characteristics.
- Proceedings of International Tug Conference, 2nd, London, October 25-28, 1971.
Reed (Thomas) Industrial Press Limited36/37 Cock Lane, Saracen's Head Building
London EC1A 9BY, England
- Troup, K D
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Cables; Ducted propellers; Fenders; Pneumatic equipment; Steering; Towboats; Towing devices; Tug ship interaction; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Pneumatic fenders; Steering characteristics; Towing cables; Tug barge operations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM