ORE/BULK/OIL COMBINATION CARRIERS--ECONOMIC CONSIDERATIONS AND DESIGN FEATURES
An analytical presentation on the Ore/Bulk/Oil (OBO) combination ship. The historical development of this type ship is traced with its economic value in the market place and its advantages in seasonal and triangular trading to reduce ballast voyages. The general features of the OBO are shown along with the specific options that are available to meet the owners' projected needs in the market place.
- Presented at the New York Metropolitan Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Mara, G
- Von Zedlitz, A
- Publication Date: 1972-10-17
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Combination carriers; Ore bulk oil carriers; Ore carriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Obos; Ore/oil carriers
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00046162
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1974 12:00AM