The Safety Edge: Your Angle for Reducing Roadway Departure Crashes
This DVD shows roadway departure, single vehicle accidents, zeroes in on one of the causes, and presents a countermeasure to decrease the likelihood of these traffic accidents. One of the causes of roadway departure accidents is pavement edge dropoff. These dropoffs can be created in the act of paving, when the pavement is constructed. Placing a safety edge on the paving machine would limit the creation of pavement edge dropoffs, and help to eliminate one of the causes of roadway departure accidents.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Julian, Frank
- Wagner, Chris
- Publication Date: 2010
- Media Type: DVD
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Dropoffs (Pavements); Highway safety; Pavers; Paving; Ran off road crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety edge (Pavement safety feature)
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 01343224
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 2011 3:33PM