ICE STRENGTHENING OF GREAT LAKES ORE CARRIERS--A COMPUTER-AIDED ANALYSIS
The work reported here was done as part of a Maritime Administration study contract concerned with the economic costs and benefits of an extended operating season on the Great Lakes. A companion paper by Nowacki, Benford, and Atkins (Economics of Great Lakes Shipping in an Extended Season) before the same meeting explains the general approach to the effort. It may be consulted in answer to any questions that may arise as to the background and assumptions of this report.
- Presented at the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Kaldkian, M
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Ice; Icebreaking; Operations; Strength of materials
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice strengthening
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00044462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1973 12:00AM