HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEMS FOR TOWBOATS
Lever-controlled hydraulic steering systems as employed on Western Rivers towboats and switchboats are described; their theory of operation and practice of construction are investigated, and guidelines are given for designing such systems on boats of from 100 to 2,000 horsepower.
- Presented at the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of Society of Naval ARchitects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Graul, T
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment; Maneuverability; Steering; Steering systems; Towboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic steering; Steering system actuation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1973 12:00AM