A ZERO DISCHARGE METHOD FOR SHIPBOARD WASTE DISPOSAL
A brief review of types of sewage treatment systems relative to commercial ships and EPA guidelines lead to the need for a simple, reliable, zero discharge sewage system. A process using total incineration of sanitary, shower, laundry, and galley wastes is described in detail including estimated costs.
- Presented at Northern California Section Meeting of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Foster, E P
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Sewage treatment; Ships; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Sewage incineration; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1973 12:00AM