APPLICATION OF FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS TO MARINE DESIGN
This paper illustrates the use of matrix techniques, which is based on finite element representation, and its application in the design and analysis of ship structures. This method of analysis can provide an economical, rapid, and reliable means of predicting the stresses and displacements for various types and sizes of ships.
- Presented at the Philadelphia Section Meeting of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Schaefer, E D
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- TRT Terms: Finite element method; Hulls; Matrices (Mathematics); Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Matrix analysis; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1973 12:00AM