AN OILY WATER SEPARATOR SYSTEM
This paper discusses a unique (patent applied for) oily-water separation system for shipboard use. One pilot plant has already been placed on board an 80,000 ton tanker, the S.S. AMERICA SUN. In general, the system processes any oily-water mixture through its various components to effect essentially the complete separation of the oil and water using only physical processes and without any recourse to heat or chemicals.
- Presented before the Joint Meeting of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and the American Society of Naval Engineers, Delaware Section.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Garber, D C
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Pollution control; Tankers; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil removal systems; Oily ballast disposal; Tanker pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00044458
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 23 1973 12:00AM