CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLER DESIGN FROM A MANUFACTURER'S POINT OF VIEW
Naval architects and marine engineers are well acquainted with methods of applying a propeller behind a hull using Troost series data. This paper discusses additional aspects of propeller design, and the tools available, from the point of view of a controllable pitch propeller manufacturer. This point of view encompasses applications, costs, warranty experience, and culminates in the owner's successful use of the propeller system throughout the vessel's operating life.
- Presented at the Pacific Northwest Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Edney, J W
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Manufactures; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller manufacture
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00044443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM