MLW WORTHINGTON'S 40,000-HP
MLW Worthington's 40,000-hp fast freight locomotive. It is the highest-hp single-engine unit yet to appear in North America. A new feature is the clutch-driven air compressor behind the radiator-fan gear box.
- This paper was presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 28-December 2, 1971. The notification of this paper appeared in Mechanical Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Air compressors; Freight trains; Horsepower; Locomotives
- Old TRIS Terms: Motive power
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-WA/RT-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM