JAPAN'S "ROMANCE TRAIN"
Japan's "Romance Train" operates on a short 50-mile run between Tokyo and Hakone, Japan, on the Odakyu Electric Railways line. The train runs at conventional speeds; the passengers enjoy the comfort of human-engineered seats, soft indirect lighting, and background music. Extra passenger services include hostesses who serve snacks, light meals, drinks and also distribute hot towels.
- This paper was presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 28-December 2, 1971. The notification of this paper appeared in Mechanical Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Passenger comfort; Passenger service; Passenger trains
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-WA/RT-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM